- You cannot add "Rubber Grass Protection Mats 1.5m x 1m x 23mm" to the basket because the product is out of stock.
CORE GP® – next generation Grass Protector.
Thanks to its incredibly quick and easy installation method and fantastic weight spreading capabilities, Grass protector has proved over the years to be one of the most cost-effective, robust and reliable solutions in the world for protecting grassed surfaces from pedestrian and vehicle wear. By protecting turf and increasing vehicle grip on lawned areas, reducing ruts and firming the surface for both vehicle and pedestrian use, it remains a firm favorite throughout the landscape industry.
Outstanding Value for Money
Available in 3 grades to provide optimum value for money.
GP1000 – Light Vehicle and Pedestrian use (9mm thick)
GP1400- Light Commercial Vehicle, 4 x 4s, Low frequency multi-vehicle use (11mm thick)
GP1800 Heavy Commercial Vehicle, High frequency multi-vehicle use (13mm thick)
Core GP – Improved Slip Resistance
Unfortunately, it has always tended to be rigid and slightly slippery underfoot, especially in wet or frosty conditions. We have developed a new range of Grass Protector using the latest technology. With improved slip resistance and flexibility. CORE GP next generation grass protector is a unique combination of copolymers which allow an added EVA strip to be securely welded on top of the strong High-Density Polyethylene base structure.
CORE GP Grass protector has been tested for slip resistance to BS 7976-2 and found to excel, in comparison to some test results of other market-leading grass protection meshes, it exhibited a remarkable slip resistance improvement of over 33%.
For best results, Core GP® should be laid down in early spring through to early autumn when the grass will grow quickly through the mesh and the root mass will form an interlock with the mesh filaments. The protected area will soon resume its natural appearance providing a stable surface and protecting the area from damage and rutting by vehicles and pedestrians. With a life expectancy of 10/20 years
Cut the grass to a minimal length and ensure that the area is as level as possible by filling in any hollows with fine topsoil and sharp sand.
- Unroll the mesh over the area to be protected and secure both ends with metal fixing pins then along each side at least every 1m. Where a wide area is to be protected, butt the edges of the rolls together and secure by placing metal fixing pins along each length and across each layer. Also pin down any area where the protector is not in contact with the ground.
- Cover the protector with a thin layer of topsoil and sharp sand, this will encourage early root growth around the mesh filaments and increase stability.
- Apply a suitable grass seed dressing at approximately 30g.m2 over areas which were previously bare of grass or which received more than 25mm covering of topsoil and sand.
- If the mesh is being laid over clay soil, it is recommended that a suitable drainage system is installed to allow for adequate drainage of surface water.
Although we have produced the most slip resistant Grass Protector currently available, please be sure to take into account climatic conditions.Until the grass has fully grown back through Core GP Grass Protector it may still be slippery under wet or frosty conditions. Care should be taken if pedestrians are allowed to walk on the mesh during the growing period.